Sunday, October 24, 2010

Karaoke, and gay bars


So Karaoke was super fun! When we first got there, there were tons of people, but later we had the whole place to ourselves. Students in the Louisiana Canter for the Blind went as well as my roomies, Cindy, Stacy and Jedi. We sang like a million songs and then I showed people how to dance salsa. We had a blast, and I got to meet other people.
So we decided we were going to go line dancing at this one place in town, it turns out not too many people were there. So we decided to go to Monroe. Cindy's boss owns a bar there. It was a gay bar, and if you have ever been to one, you know that they are the most fun! We had a blast dancing and watching Jedi dance with one guy after the next. Overall we had a great time. After the bar I got to try my first chicken from Canes. The chicken strips were great, but the sauce was amazing.
(picture caption: Stacy my roomate and myself singing Karaoke)
So funny stories time...
*At night they turn off the traffic lights in the minor streets to save money and because there is not that much traffic!
*You cannot buy alcohol on a Sunday anywhere in this town! What! I know and.... they stop selling at 12 midnight! And no I am not an alcoholic, just this is new to me. Don't judge me! ha ha
*I just want to say that I love southern accents! And knowing myself I am probably going to pick it up and start talking that was as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment