Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day One: In the Life of Ruston!

Day One: It's my frist day in Ruston, Louisiana and so far so good. Louisiana is definetively not Cali, but I am sure I will learn a lot, eat good southern food and meet many people. So I moved into my apartment and it is so cute. i have my own room and bathroom which is always a plus. My roomates are great and yesterday we just mostly hung out; we played Rummy which turns out is Conquien (who would have known we play the same games in English and Spanish? lol) I love that game! Of course Cindy always winds, but nonetheless it was really fun. We also watched Letters to Juliet which was really cute, but the typical romantic comedy in which we knew the ending of the movie in the first five minutes.
Today we are going to go Karaoke and line dancing (I meant is the south.)
So far Tuston seems to be a small town, and not a California small town, but really small town! This is just the beginning.
If you know me, you know I have to have this:
So funny storis thus far....
*You know it's a small town when... I arrived at the airport in Monroe (which is the next town over to where I live in Ruston) and I start talking to a man working as a doorman. it turns out he knows many people that I know! How does that happen? Don't know, but I like it.
*So a college student came to our door today selling magazines for some cause. He was a real southern charmer and of coarse I love to talk. So after a while he tells me, "If you have a boyfriend, his name must be Lucky." I thought this was hilarious! And I couldn't agree more. ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment